Murfreesboro Truck Accident Attorneys
Fighting for Rightful Compensation
Have you or a loved one suffered injury in a commercial trucking accident? If your accident was caused by a driver’s or trucking company’s negligence or recklessness, you may be entitled to compensation for your injury. The Murfreesboro truck accident lawyer at Gritton & Gritton fights for our clients’ right to compensation for injuries and other damages.
Commercial Truck Accidents Cause Catastrophic Injuries
The difference in size and weight between commercial trucks and passenger vehicles makes accidents far more hazardous to the driver and passengers in the car.
These accidents often result in severe and catastrophic injuries, which may require a long recovery period or ongoing care due to permanent disability, or even death. We represent clients who were injured in all types of commercial trucking accidents and family members who have lost a loved one in an accident with a truck.
Truck Accident Cases Our Firm Handles
We represent clients injured in accidents with:
- Box trucks
- Tractor trailers
- Flatbed trucks
- Cement trucks
- Dump trucks
- Garbage trucks
- Other large commercial trucks
Our Murfreesboro truck accident lawyers bring more than 50 years of combined experience representing injured clients. If your accident was caused by the negligence or carelessness of a driver or trucking company.
We are here to fight for compensation for your:
- Medical bills
- Future medical and care needs
- Lost income
- Pain and suffering
- And other damages
What Is the Statute of Limitations in Tennessee?
In Tennessee the injured party has up to one year from the date of the initial accident to file a claim. It's important to reach out to an attorney to discuss your options for recovery. In many personal injury cases and truck accident cases there may be important evidence from the scene of the accident that can help in your case.
Photographic evidence or witness statements may be helpful in making your case if your case goes to court. By contacting an attorney shortly after your accident you may be able to better understand your options for recovery.
What Are Common Causes of Semi-Truck Accidents?
The leading cause of truck accidents is driver error. Although a semi truck driver should be properly trained, they often drive very long hours and it's not uncommon for truck drivers to drive while they are exhausted. Driving while tired can lead to driver error, causing an accident.
Other causes of semi truck crashes include:
- Maintenance Issues. Large semi trucks are driven thousands of miles at a time and need to be regularly maintained. A poorly maintained semi truck can quickly lead to disastrous situation.
- Defective Parts. Even if a semi truck driver does regularly maintain their vehicle, it's possible that a defective part can cause equipment failure. In this case, your accident attorney can help you determine if you have a case against the manufacturer.
- Shifting Cargo. If the large loads of cargo that semi trucks are designed to carry is loaded improperly, then it can easily shift or spill out, creating a dangerous situation. The semi truck may tip over or fish tail, causing a dangerous and potentially deadly accident.
Individualized Attention for Your Case
At Griffon & Griffon, we provide individualized attention and a personal commitment to every client. We are available after hours and same-day to evaluate your case and advise you of your legal options, based on the circumstances of your accident and extent of your injuries. Your personal injury attorney will be accessible to you throughout the entire process, from the free initial consultation until your case is resolved.